Thursday, January 30, 2014

The problem with this picture...

I see this picture every March for Life and often times people repost it with good intentions.  However, whenever I come across this I am frustrated by the presumption inherent:

h/t Creative Minority Report

So whats my deal?

Assuming that those people pictured actually know or care about the church.  To many of those involved this is but a Catholic Pep-rally, but it tells me nothing about the people's actual view of the Church.  When church militant went to the March and did some admittedly non scientific polling they found that those in attendance didn't necessarily come to the March because it was consistent with their faith.

Sure the visual looks good and they are marching for life and that is a noble venture but:

And if I should distribute all my goods to feed the poor, and if I should deliver my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. 

What does it profit them to parade and save temporal life if their own souls are forfeit because they deny the truths of the faith?  Their is a massive catechatical disaster on our hands.  We must speak about the Intrinsic Evil of contraception and the dangers of the NFP for all attitude and teach the Thrice defined dogma "extra ecclesiam nulla salus" without fear!

Until we do this, yes the "Church" is irrelevent to the youth because it is a a nice voice in the wilderness, but their are other voices so why consider it special?

+Pray for Francis P.P.+
+Pray for Syria and Egypt+

No comments:

Post a Comment