Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Responding to a "Bad Catholic" given the stage

This is a response to Nicole Pandolfo on her article published in the Washington Times on February 23rd, 2013 entitled: Is 'bad Catholic' the new Catholic?



If you are not in the mood for an honest Catholic take on dishonest closet protestants don't read any farther because this posting will attempt to (in all due charity) address the article line by line calling into question the dissidents reason for even calling themselves Catholic in the first place when really they fail to even attempt to live out the faith and actively destroy the faith handed down from God himself in the second person of the Blessed Trinity.  So enjoy and be not afraid to blast me, but mind you charity and humility doesn't mean you allow error to exist and allow people to walk all over you, those are sins in themselves:

WASHINGTON, D.C., February 24, 2013 — By dogma standards, I am a terrible Catholic...
[Ok so let us begin the critique of this promoted piece.  By the way Washington Times thanks for posting this, I was wondering where the Fishwrappers went when they finished their dissenting pieces.  “By dogma standards” This is a typical avoiding the real issue tactic often brought about by people that are lazy and expect others to be so also.  Dogma means teaching, its not a foreign monarchical term but a term that Christ commanded his followers to teach all nations, baptizing them in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.  She admits from the get-go that she is a terrible Catholic according to the teachings of the church, making one immediately wonder does she try to live out the teachings of the faith.  For I am a bad Catholic indeed by I believe everything the church teaches, yet I fall and often must be reconciled to our Lord.  Let’s see if she tries to live out the faith. I believe in reproductive rights [In other words she believes that all should have access to contraception because the body is your own, and quite frankly you cannot trust God to know what is best for you.  You are the decider of life not Him, for those of you interested in going deeper click here.] legal abortion [child murder because you know it really is inconvienent to realize actions have consequences, and they aren’t really People anyways…wait are they alligators?], gay marriage [state promoted confusion of the purpose of marriage which is the possibility of procreation and bonding], and look forward to women in the priesthood [What is the infatuation with this?  As a man cannot give birth physically, so too a women cannot stand in the son ship of Christ.  This is not to look down on them but recognizing that Men and women have unique functions in the Church which is His and not our own, he set the rules because they are his to set.  The Church is his mail carrier, she cannot change what he he has said because the two are one.  Want to go deeper click here, here and here.] I have lived in sin for going on seven years. [Why would you joyfully admit it?  You know its sin yet you don’t want forgiveness on his terms, only on your own.  You want Easter morning before Good Friday.  This is most definatly a sin against the Holy Ghost because its mocking his mercy.  We need to pray for her conversion this is really sad.] My mother raised me as a single parent, and in my writing both for the stage and page I've exploited my past sexual experiences for artistic purposes. [Some of you might say but St. Augustine admitted to his sexual deviancy  but St. Augustine repented of his sins and confessed that what he did was wrong.  There is no point here where anyone can see she regrets what she did so don’t use that defense.]
                                                                                                                             
I am, no doubt, at the top of the papal naughty list. [What do you think she is trying to do by using the word naughty?  I’ll leave this to you.] But what would Jesus say? [You tell us, after all you have appointed yourself as an authority in the church] While I’m no saint, I’m certainly not the worst of the sinners. [“I didn’t kill anyone you see”, in her mind only Hitler is in Hell.  I would remind her that even Saint Paul saw himself as the Greatest of all Sinners, yet he didn’t wish to sin but fought against it daily, dying to self so that it be no longer he that lived, but Christ that lived in him.  This is the life of a Catholic to take up the cross, not to run away and mock the faith when it’s inconvenient for you] I try to be kind and generous to others, give to the poor, be accepting of my fellowman [We tolerate people not ideas, this is exactly where you misunderstand the faith], fight for what I believe to be good [More subjectivism, you see to her there is no such thing as objective truth.  The Catholic vehemently disagrees for Truth is a Person who took flesh, dwelled among us, died for our sins, and gave authority to oversee the Church he set up to his apostles and their successors until his second coming], and generally do unto others as I would have done unto me [But remember whatever you do to the least of these my Brethern you do to me.  I'm sure she is just confused about children not being people until they are wanted….you generally do…please], which explains the progressive viewpoints I listed above. If Jesus could speak for himself, he might just say us “Bad Catholics,” are doing something right. [But Christ does speak to us but not subjectively.  He says to those he gave the authority to and their successors, “He who hears you hears me, and he who rejects you rejects me and the one who sent me.” Remember to what he told those were following him, “Not every one that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doth the will of my Father who is in heaven, he shall enter into the kingdom of heaven. Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Lord, have not we prophesied in thy name, and cast out devils in thy name, and done many miracles in thy name?  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.”]




I grew up in a small town in New Jersey made up of mostly Irish and Italian Roman Catholics [You see she knows cultural Catholicism] - Methodists seemed exotic [Cause being a dissident is not exotic, but natural, it’s natural to go agains the will of God, that’s what he wants after all], and I didn’t meet a Jew until I moved to the city for college. [The cause of all here frustrations…   :-P ]  Thus, while my experience was limited, I did learn to love Catholicism [At least social justice according to the sisters of our lady of the Pants Suite.  Cause the Pre VII Church is just mean, even though I know nothing other than hysterical anti Catholic statements about it]; it’s a gorgeous religion premised in charity and taking care of one another [Forgot that Charity doesn’t eliminate Justice, it’s not charitable to allow someone to maintain an error, it is in fact a sin to remain silent]. Nothing gives me a sense of peace like being in a dimly lit cathedral with burning frankincense. [I don’t have a problem here.  Except she could be speaking like a Buddhist, which of course is intolerant on my part at least to her, but is ultimately heretical, wow I really feel bad for her that she is so utterly confused].


Sure, all those years of CCD [Let’s be honest, CCD = Cut, color and draw] taught me to obsess over guilty feelings [I mean it’s only sin and blocks Gods infinite mercy.  Whoa to those who call good evil and evil good as our Lord reminds us.  Sin kills, guilt is there to remind you to come back, its not a bad thing but a beautiful thing] , but it also taught me to love thy neighbor and help those many less fortunate than myself in any way I could. With an understanding of Catholicism’s kind foundation, it’s truly a disgust to see its subjugation by power hungry patriarchs [Wait so that’s all Peter and his Bishops are are Power hungry Patriarchs, They have authority from Christ to Teach, you do not.  Christ doesn’t promise impeccability but infallibility for his teachings which it is the responsibility of the Holy Father and his Bishops to pass on, not to make you feel good and maintain your ignorance in a world. This alone tells any faithful Catholic that you misunderstand authority] the powers that be prefer a thousand zealots to a billion reasonable practitioners. [He comes with a reaper to separate the chaff and the grain.  Not with a Teddy Bear. No one is guaranteed Heaven.  The path is long and narrow (hard and not for the worldly) and few will find their way.  Second you use the word reasonable.  This is progressive double speak.  There is nothing reasonable about asking one to take up his cross daily, that is a command, and not an easy one.  If those billion people seek salvation they can find it in the teachings of the church.  But what does it profit my brethren if one should gain the love of the world yet lose their soul?  It profits them nothing.  As he says to the rich young man who asked how he might receive eternal life, he says “Keep the commandments”, that’s an order not an option.  Of course we fail but that’s what confession is for so that we may be reconciled] I could be wrong, but I don’t think Jesus would be pleased. [Consider your personal opinion wrong] If Pope Benedict XVI was perfectly fine further isolating modernist Catholics, I pray that whoever is installed as the new pope will feel the exact opposite. [Considering that modernism is a Heresy, consider that St. Pope Pius X is not impressed by your logic]




It’s not easy being religious in a city like New York [wasn't easy for him to take up the cross in Jerusalem either], where ashes on my forehead at lent elicits the type of gawking one would expect if I had excrement smeared across my face. [What was the purpose of the ashes if you refuse to repent in the first place?  You contradict yourself at every step] Being religious is decidedly not cool, and complicate that with philosophical discrepancies between yourself and your religion’s establishment, and that makes for one extra-guilty Catholic. [The religion that is established by Christ is his Body the Church given the authority to speak for him.  You must choose between being in the world, but not of it; or being in the world and of it, it is not forced on you or anyone.  But you must choose your path, and you have our prayers but don’t complain that it’s hard, of course it is, Earth is not our home but our testing ground.  Our goal is Heaven and it is a race as Paul tells us so run to win].



I happen to live in close vicinity to a church where the priest in charge shares many of my unorthodox views [Yippee a dissident Priest, I mean hey he said it right so it’s ok then…right?   Right? Im not actually going to dig any deeper then possible that takes effort and I have no time for that when I can spend my time tanning or fornicating], to the dismay of some in his congregation [I would say, I mean the reason why one goes to the Church is for Christ and his teachings, not for Father dissidents personal feelings]. Attending mass in this priest’s congregation is the first time that I truly felt I fit in both in regards to my spiritual self and my political self. While you won’t see two men getting married in that church, you certainly won’t hear a lecture about why two men in love is an abomination [Although you know that the Church teaches it, yet for fear of the world we won’t talk about it.  Much easier to put nails into Christ then to be crucified yourself, that’s just not your thing after all.  A dead body floats downstream, a living one goes against the flow, mind you].



You also won’t hear lengthy homilies about how we should crusade against a woman’s right to choose like you would in my hometown. [Choose what to murder a child that is distinct from herself.  Life is either sacred or it isn’t.  Those children that are killed are either people or alligators.  A person is a person no matter how small, how quickly we forget things for convenience sake] Maybe if abortion isn’t right for you, or even Catholics in general, that doesn’t mean it’s not right for the rest of the populace that lives within the same national boundaries as you do. [What makes a toddler a person then, if they can’t make it on their own without your help?  Ultimately you distance yourself from the real question of life and who should and who should not obtain it based on personal preference.  Why is what Hitler did to the Jews, Gypsies, Catholics and Protestants wrong if you can decide who is worthy and not worth of life?  Are you the creator, did you make yourself?  When a child is conceived they are alive, it’s not a mass of cells that will remain such but a living person growing just as you and I grow throughout our lives until our bodies start to break down]



As if it weren’t enough to struggle with faith and doubt within myself, it’s a daily struggle within my environment. Visitors to my apartment see several art pieces relating to Our Lady of Guadalupe and a crucifix nailed firmly above my bed. [But even if you had the actual tilma or a piece of the true cross that will not save you.  We do have relics and sacramental but these things are not superstitious objects to be adored, for that belongs to Christ alone.  Why would you feel awkward?  The purpose of being Catholic in the first place is to bring all into the faith, and the faith is everything because Christ is everything to us.  Our faith not only talks about social justice but contraception, abortion and authority, etc.] Telling a hipster you believe in Jesus, Mary, and Joseph is like telling them you don’t believe in evolution … but the thing is, you do [Ok so someone is ignorant of the church’s teachings on creation, why be afraid to charitably correct them. that is your responsibility and mine, which is hopefully what I am doing throughout this article]. I do. We do. There are many of us out there, perhaps we’re even a majority, and if the Catholic Church wants to keep us around, then it needs to acknowledge we exist. [Thing is he has addressed people like you over and over again click here for a taste.  The Church is not a democracy but the final authority as Christ says “But if thy brother shall offend against thee, go, and rebuke him between thee and him alone. If he shall hear thee, thou shalt gain thy brother. And if he will not hear thee, take with thee one or two more: that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may stand. And if he will not hear them: tell the church. And if he will not hear the church, let him be to thee as the heathen and publican.  Amen I say to you, whatsoever you shall bind upon earth, shall be bound also in heaven; and whatsoever you shall loose upon earth, shall be loosed also in heaven.”]  It seems like you and I do have faith that they will. But for now, when someone asks, “What religion are you?” I’ll continue on with the same explanation as always: “I’m a Catholic, but the ‘Nuns on the bus’ kind.” [The sentence should read “I pick and choose what I wish to believe, you see Im rally a protestant but don’t have the honest integrity to admit it”]

-             End of Story    -
So I know that is a very blunt response to your article and who know whether you will read this, but if you do you need to know that we are praying for your conversion because each of us need conversion to the Lord every day, just as we must take up the cross every day.  Holy Mother Church loves you, but you must learn to be honest with yourself and the church.  The faith is not yours or mine to pick and choose from, for the teachings are that of Christ and you as a Catholic, especially holding yourself out as one are bound by Christ himself to follow because he puts authority in his name over you and I.  I will pray for you always. 

+JMJ+



No comments:

Post a Comment