Thursday, February 28, 2013

On Benedict and the ending of a pontificate


                             On Benedict and the ending of a pontificate




But anyways I want to give a quick take on the Papacy of Pope Benedict XVI who by the time this will be posted will be Pope emeritus. 



I cannot be more thankful for this pontificate because his Holiness has done more in his 7 year pontificate then JPII, JPI, Paul VI and John XXIII did in my opinion.  Of course many of you will disagree and that’s fine, I tend to be very focused on church history and the “hermeneutics of continuity” as the Holy Father termed it. 
Too often there has been passing of the buck on issues for various reasons.  One of the problems to often avoided has been the ambiguity of VII.  Again I am not against VII on the whole, I just wish that some of the abuses and misinterpretations would be clarified by the Holy Father (still waiting on a new syllabus but don’t expect one anytime soon, heres to hoping for Bishop Schneider being made a Cardinal).  I think Benedict has begun cleaning up things in this manner making it clear that the only way VII can be interpreted in in continuity with the tradition of the church.  His freeing of the use of the 1962 missal from the Moto Proprio Summorum Pontificum has been a jolt in my faith life, not saying it is for all. 



His encyclicals have also been a great joy for me to read and take in fully.  I remember the first book I read when attempting to better understand the faith was to read Jesus of Nazareth Vol 1.  The book was a hit in my mind, so to was his book with Peter Seewald where he really hit on the controversies of the day, calming my mind and instilling great love for Holy Mother Churches selection. 

 


I only hope for the very best for the Holy Father moving forward.  If you have time during this period of Sede Vacante offer a Rosary for the intention of his wellbeing. As well as one for his successor.
As much as I am terrified as to the path we are about to embark on I have great hope since Christ is always present in the barque of Peter and all we need do is trust him and not be too worrysome.

St. Pope Pius X Pray for us











St. Pope Celestine V Pray for us 












St. Pope Linus, successor of Peter, Pray for Us











Blessed Peter, Pray for us!
















Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for us!












Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, Have Mercy on Us!












                                                      +JMJ+

No comments:

Post a Comment